All orders are safely packed and include shipping insurance and tracking. Options, prices, & times shown at checkout.
30 Day Returns
30 Day Returns
Change your mind? Not satisfied? Let us know within 30 days of delivery for a return and refund.
Ask a Question
Ask a Question
Need assistance about a product or order? Contact us by phone, email, or use our chat feature.
+358 10 2311777
Get great film scans at home using your digital camera and macro lens
- Plug-and-Play Scanning at home
- Scan up to 10x faster than with a flatbed scanner
- Super compact: Fits in a small camera bag
- Professional-grade film holders for speed and quality
- Built-in professional-grade light source for convenience and consistent quality
- Replaceable light source for a long life span
- Great materials for a long-lasting product
- Modular holders allowing formats smaller than 35mm
- No copy stand or tripod required, saving you space and money
- Compatible out of the box with most macro-lenses, including those with filter threads of 39mm, 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm
- VALOI easy35 body with built in light
- VALOI easy35 Standard 35mm Holder
- VALOI easy35 Distance Tubes: 1x 10mm, 1x 20mm, 5x 40mm (230mm total)
- VALOI filter thread adapters: 39mm, 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 67mm (compatible out of the box with lenses with these filter thread adapters - also compatible with 62mm filter threads as this is the native thread size of the easy35)
Does not include digital camera or macro lens, both required to make final scans.
Suitable for scanning 35mm film out of the box. The standard holder can be replaced with a variant showing the sprockets of the film. In the future, it will be compatible with smaller film sizes like APS, 110 and 126 film.
Most interchangeable-lens digital cameras make excellent scanning cameras. You will need a macro lens capable of focusing to 1:1 magnification to scan 35mm film. Most of those lenses available will be compatible.
We do not recommend using lenses than the following focal lengths:
- Full frame: Shorter than 55mm, Longer than 105mm
- APS-C: Shorter than 40mm - Longer than 70mm
- M4/3: Shorter than 40mm - Longer than 60mm
Longer focal lenses can work, but we cannot guarantee there are enough included tubes to use the combination. Shorter focal length lenses can cause vignetting.
If you are unsure, or want to test yourself, follow THIS guide and check that the distance you found is shorter than 230mm.
We recommend using thin cotton gloves while scanning to prevent damage to the film.
The easy35 is a premium product. It is constructed from quality materials because scanning demands precision, and inferior materials do not yield a precision device.
The housing is crafted from Nylon 12, an exceptionally robust plastic that is both rigid and incredibly durable. This material is also ideal for additive manufacturing. It is produced using an additive manufacturing technique known as MJF, enabling the creation of complex shapes. This results in a device that's stronger, lighter, and more compact.
The tubes, including the part that facilitates tube rotation for rotational adjustment, are made from aluminium and are anodised with a super-matte finish. While this makes the tube somewhat heavy, it ensures that the tube is extremely rigid. The precise threading not only enhances the user experience but also guarantees that the device aligns perfectly with the sensor. Additionally, the super-matte finish ensures no reflections bounce back onto the film.
Inside, there's a secondary diffuser crafted from a Plexiglas diffuser acrylic specifically designed for LED diffusion. This ensures no colour shift and promises consistency, with a guarantee against yellowing for 30 years.
Light Source System
Unlike cheaper solutions, the easy35 has a light system based around a powerful and high-quality light source.
- Powerful light output, with shutter speeds typically between 1/40s-1/200s
- CRI 95 rated for great colour reproduction
- Bi-colour LED adjustable to different colour temperatures
- Plexiglas © secondary diffuser specifically designed for LED diffusion guaranteed for 30 years against yellowing
2-3 hour battery life
- USB-C charging
- Chargeable while on for long scanning sessions
- Replaceable light source unit for a long life time
- Internal reflector for an even light in a small footprint
Did you know that there are accessories for the easy35? The easy35 has the ability to mount the easy35 Duster on it and has interchangeable holders. You can find the Duster HERE.
The easy35 has replaceable film holders. Currently, only the standard 35mm holder and the 35mm Sprocket holder are available. By the end of 2023 we will have the following available: 50x50mm mounted slide holder, APS, 110, 126. You can find the available holders HERE.
To use this product, you need an interchangeable-lens digital camera and a macro lens capable of focusing to a 1:1 reproduction ratio.
More VALOI Products
The VALOI 360 is a modern alternative to traditional film scanning. With it you can digitize film negatives using your digital camera. Our products enable higher quality results in less than half the time of a traditional workflow using a flatbed scanner.